Thursday, March 10, 2016

Book Lust: Recommended Reading for Every Mood, Moment and Reason by Nancy Pearl

Title: Book Lust: Recommended Reading for Every Mood, Moment and Reason, Author: Nancy Pearl Every morning after my alarm goes off but before I actually get up I read a couple pages from the book on my nightstand. In past years the books on my nightstand were books like The Bedside Baccalaureate or The Intellectual Devotional, which is the name of an actual book but also describes a category of books that aim to educate readers in short, easy bursts. This year I am really trying to put a dent in my 300+ TBR pile, so instead of buying a new devotional I picked Nancy Pearl's Book Lust out of my TBR pile and read a few pages of that every morning.

Book Lust is a basically a compilation of book lists. The lists are completely arbitrary and I love that. I mean I can't say I have ever sought out books about Elvis or thought of dinosaur stories as a genre, but I think it is cute and kind of cool that Nancy Pearl can provide list like Elvis on My Mind and Dinosaur Hunting. We all have our eccentricities.

Although I have read or at least heard of many of the books mentioned in Book Lust, Pearl's book did introduce me to some new titles and authors. More than anything, it was a great way to begin my morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. Tell me about the books you're reading.