Saturday, May 9, 2020

Daphne and Velma: The Vanishing Girl by Josephine Ruby

The Vanishing Girl (Daphne and Velma, #1)  I love Scooby Doo! I still watch the cartoons today when I get a chance, even the movies. They were so just so much fun. Now thanks to Josephine Ruby (or whatever his/her/their real name is since Josephine Ruby is apparently a pen name) I get to enjoy new Scooby Doo adventures with an interesting take. Josephine and Ruby reimagines the cartoon and makes Daphne and Velma a mystery solving duo. As a kids they were best friends. As teenagers they hate each other, but when Daphne's new best friend goes missing and people start seeing ghosts, Daphne and Velma find themselves working together once again. Shaggy and Scooby are there too, stepping in to help when called upon. Fred makes an appearance as well, although he's plays such a minor role in the story that I would not have remembered his character's name if not for the fact of the cartoon. The mystery is perfect with ghost sightings and mysterious disappearances - classic Scooby Doo stuff. It's serious and silly all at the same time. I hope there are lots more books in this series to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. Tell me about the books you're reading.