Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Departed by Shiloh Walker

The Departed

The Departed is a paranormal romance about a woman (Dez) with a physic gift that allows her to communicate with the dead, and a man (Taylor) who is an FBI agent.  Taylor heads a team of "gifted" people.  Dez was once part of Taylor's team, but through a fit and left.  Together Dez and Taylor solve crimes and along the way start sleeping together.
 
One the back cover of my copy of The Departed there's a quote describing it as a "great romantic suspence." That's what attracted me to the book, but unfortunately I was disappointed.  There wasn't enough substance.  The main characters were a little thin which made the the romance not entirely believable and there was no real mystery.  That being said, sometimes a quick, light read is just what one needs and this did serve that purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. Tell me about the books you're reading.