Sunday, January 12, 2020

Work for It by Talia Hibbert

Work for It (Just for Him, #4) People advise against judging a book by its cover but I bought Work For It largely because of its beautiful cover. Luckily, the words in between the covers are just as good.

Work For It is the fourth in a series. I haven't read the first four (but plan to) but from what I gathered circumstances in prior books have left Olu in a pool of depression he is trying desperately to escape. His solution is a change of scenery. He leaves London to go work on a farm for fun for a few weeks. (Not exactly my idea of a vacation, but it works for Olu so maybe should I try it.) In a small town where everyone knows everyone else's business, Olu meets Griff, who as it happens, runs the farm.

For reasons I didn't quite understand, Griff is something of an outcast in the small town he lives in. He is described as being quite tall and big, so perhaps he is intimidating, but he is also kind, quiet, and very good at his job working on a farm. In any case, Griff is sadly used to being rejected. That doesn't mean it doesn't sting each time and Olu's rejection is particularly hurtful. Still there is an attraction between the two men that neither can deny. Depression and insecurity get in the way but Hibbert *always* writes happy endings and love prevails.

I quite enjoyed this. This is the third book I've read by Talia Hibbert in two months. Like the first two, Work For It is equal parts sweet and steamy. Hibbert is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. Tell me about the books you're reading.