Saturday, April 25, 2020

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon - April 25, 2020 - Hours 1 to 8

It's that time of year again, time for the Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon! This year I am going to attempt tracking my progress for as many hours as I can.

The Bookshop5 a.m./Hour 1 For the first time ever I started more or less on time. I live on the west coast of the United States an the start time is 5 a.m. As a general matter I find there is almost never a good reason to be up this early but this time I decided to go for it! My first book of the day is The Bookshop by Penelope Fitzgerald. At 156 pages it ensures that I will finish at least one full book today.

6 a.m./Hour 2 Still reading The Bookshop.

7 a.m./Hour 3 First break of the day. The previous two hours were spent reading in bed, something I almost never do. Decided it was time to get up and move about so went for a short walk and made a spinach and spam (I'm trying something new) omelet for breakfast.

8 a.m./Hour 4 Started this blog post and then back to The Bookshop.

9 - 11 a.m./Hours 5 - 7 Continued reading but then took a little nap. The problem with getting up extra early and this inevitably I end up needing a nap.

12 noon/Hour 8 Finished The Bookshop and made a batch of banana chocolate chip bread. It's the first time I've made this, hope it turns out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. Tell me about the books you're reading.