Saturday, April 25, 2020

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon - April 25, 2020, Hours 9 to 16

First third of read-a-thon is in the rear view. Now's in the middle and I'm still going!

Fables, Vol. 18: Cubs in Toyland1 - 3 p.m. /Hours 9 to 11The afternoon is going pretty well. I baked chocolate chip banana bread and started my second book of the day, Fables Vol. 18 Cubs in Toyland. I came across the Fables series a few years ago and have been steadily working my way through. There are 22 books in the main series, not including the spinoff series. This year I plan to finish the main series. Who knows? Maybe I'll even finish it today

4 p.m. /Hour 12 Finished Fables Vol. 18 Cubs in Toyland!


5 to 7 p.m. /Hours 13 to 15 In theory a 24-hour read-a-thon means reading all day, but truthfully I never actually do that. As much as I love reading I need breaks. Also I strive to make healthy choices as much as possible. I'm not always successful but I try. This morning I took a short walk. In the afternoon I want for another walk and did an hour yoga in my living room

8 p.m. /Hour 16 And now I'm back to reading. This time it's The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson. I started it early April. At over 500 pages is is taking a while to read. I won't finish it tonight but I hope to read another chapter or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. Tell me about the books you're reading.