Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sex Criminals: One Weird Trick by Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky

Sex Criminals, Volume 1  Brilliant!  Suzie has the ability to stop time when she has sex.  She thinks she's the only one.  Then she meets Jon and discovers she's not alone.

I am fairly new to comics/graphic novels, only having started to read them regularly when DC Comics started its New 52 campaign.  With a few exceptions, I have mostly read superhero comics.  Sex Criminals is a refreshing change.  It is so funny, sweet, and well, just brilliant.  Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky pack a lot into this graphic novel: adolescents discovering their sexuality, not having anyone anyone to talk to about it, stumbling along and then meeting someone with whom everything just sort of clicks together.  I loved it and am looking forward to the next set of issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. Tell me about the books you're reading.