Saturday, January 31, 2015

January in Review

January has been great month for books and reading and a great start to my reading year.  Not only did I read eleven books, which might be a personal record, I read some really great books.  My top three favorites this month were Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar by Cheryl Strayed, What We See When We Read by Peter Mendelsund, and The Circle by Dave Eggers.  I was also introduced to the Lords of the Underworld series by a Goodreads friend.  On the upside there is now a whole new series to explore; on the downside this new series has made my TBR pile even bigger.

Speaking of the TBR pile, eight of the eleven books I read came from that pile, but I also bought at least twelve new books so my TBR grew overall.  This was not entirely unexpected.  Even as I resolved to reduce my TBR pile in December, I knew several books I have been waiting to come out in paperback would finally be available in January.  Luckily there aren't any book I've been waiting for coming out in February (that I know of) so hopefully my TBR pile will shrink next month.  That being said I came across this great video titled How to Bust TBR Guilt on Book Riot and feel better about my TBR pile overall.



January


Let's see what February brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. Tell me about the books you're reading.